Monday, April 4, 2011

The final walk-through: Letting go

Before demolition could begin, Brian, our contractor, and I walked through the home searching for any last items to salvage before the house became a pile of rubble.  Emotionally, I was becoming less and less attached to the home as things were given away to charities and people were remodeling their own homes with our carpet and fireplaces.  Now, walking through the house one final time, I realize that I am ready to see it go.  
To be honest, this final walk-through reminded me of what it looked like when we first bought it....a big project with lots of potential. 


Although painting the walls seemed a must, I felt very 'bad' when doing it.  Dirty in fact...It went against everything I was raised to do.  Plus, we have been putting quite a bit of effort into making sure the house was clean for the past 4 years!

Our family in the house





The kitchen -post salvage

The floors were amazing here with inlaid cherry in the oak.  The inlaid cherry darted in and out of walls, emphasizing the patch-work way in which the house was assembled.

The first strike.  After hitting this wall, we discovered that this was originally an exterior wall.  Now, nearly 25+ft lay behind this wall that make up the interior.
Rawrrr...I am dinosaur....


THE TWILIGHT ZONE
They're here........

No comments:

Post a Comment